01 October 2006

We now pronounce you....



Love love love! That was the spirit of yesterday. Shouldn't that be the spirit of everyday? I think so.

Two very good friends, Lynda + Jeff got married in Williamsburg and it was so very beautiful! The theme was early 1900s Paris, the parade music was provided by their friends (who rock the New York Balkan scene)...oh yes there was a parade! It couldn't have been more fun (except for the Fresh Direct truck that almost took out 1/2 the parade)!


Everyone rang this beautiful bell when they entered the ceremony site

I officiated the ceremony with the legal support of the Brooklyn Society of Ethical Culture . Thank you Rita + Lisel!!

I'm not normally big on poetry. Wow, I must be growing up if I can admit that publicly. Once in a long while I am deeply moved by a poet. The piece I read during the ceremony was from Hafiz, the Persian poet from the 1300s. His book The Gift is so unbelievably amazing. We should all read it.

I could write like 2 posts on the amazing people and how much fun it was! I obviously won't...the memories will always dance in my heart!

To Jeff + Lynda - thank you so much for including all of us in your family!

Today, my neighbor-friend, Abigail asked me to help her with the cat rescue/release program that she and another woman in our neighborhood spearheaded. So we went off to pick up the spayed/neutered cats from 2 places in the City. I considered taking pictures but thought against it.

It's pretty amazing how many people do noble work. She works so hard all week and then takes time to care for all the feral cats in our little neighborhood. That's fuckin' cool!

Now for sure it's time for bed. Our sweet puppy is already knocked out. I'm just waiting for mi esposo to come out of the shower so I can cuddle up next to him!

New York yesterday + today: Thumbs way up
(Fresh Direct: a big fat zero....ok let's stay positive)

Post blog script: I got my memory card back from Paragon! The security guard didn't steal it - he'd just completely forgotten to put it back in my B&H bag. So that ranting blog? Just forget it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home