28 September 2006

Nature...nuff said



Darlings have you been to Alaska? It's a completely different sort of beauty. Not the type that a City girl experiences. I actually remember once crying on a trip out to the Hamptons (circa 1995) because I hadn't seen trees in a year.

Well, Alaska is majestic.

We were there for a photo shoot and one of the art directors, the photographer and I walked along the hiking trail in the rain. Those 40 minutes were so grounding and some of the best moments I've experienced in my life.


We searched for 4-leaf clovers....


Do you see any?


We didn't search for bears, though there were rumours that this was Bear Country...


I can't explain how grand it is to stand amongst trees that are so tall and beautiful that they remind you what life should be about. The rainforest was so perfect. I wish I could bring you all there.

And now, I'm back in New York. I really missed mi esposo and my Uma. Today I stopped by to hang out with my father for a bit. Also, Uma + I walked this AM with my neighbor/friend and her puppy - those are some of the things that make New York worth it.

Well, Saturday I'm marrying my friends Lynda + Jeff. They are so fabulous! It promises to be quite the event! There will be a parade through their part of Williamsburg and a ceremony in a lovely restaurant followed by bacchanalia! Mi esposo promised to take lots of pics, so I'll share those on Monday.

Better get some rest - Lynda's put me on throat rest for the ceremony.

New York today: Thumb up
The planet today: Fabulous!

Nighty night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home