02 September 2006

Friends...the good, the great and the chain emails

New York Today: Thumbs up!
It is raining like crazy here in the City. Welcome to NY, Hurricane Ernesto. Not so bad really, just wind and a bit of sideways rain. The umbrellas Baba bought us from Bloomies are fantastic. The streets are littered with the pathetic shells of cheap ol' umbrellas. I think I actually heard my "Rain Shedder" scoff... or was that my hangover?

Last night, our resident jazz trumpeter extraordinare called - he was sitting in on a set at Night of the Cookers . Now, the esposo and I have never really understood why everyone and their mama seems to LOVE this place. When we walked in last night it hit us like a ton of bricks - it was like walking onto the set of Love Jones . It was so adult and the vibe was perfect. There were definitely a few ball players there (football? basketball? I don't know).

When the band started up again - Maurice caught everyone off guard. The man blew! He is amazing. And while that damn Katrina did so much harm, we should be so thankful that it brought Maurice + his girl into New York.

See him before he's too famous for you to afford tickets people! That's an order.

Well, the esposo was pleased...much better than going to sleep early, eh? My good friend (Maurice's girlfriend), the esposo and I chatted and had a blast. And they reminded me about my old standby - the vodka gimlet. After the show, we picked up our pup, Uma and headed to their apt. to listen to music (and have another gimlet - yum). Great night!

Today I met with a friend from my design class at F.I.T. She's launching her line of bags, which are lovely! We met at the new French bakery on Lafayette and Grand (+1 for our hood). She was telling me about her process in getting to production + she gave me a ton of good advice!

On the other side, I just got another freakin chain email (hello are we still in grade school?) from a friend of a friend. I think I'm gonna have to put a little block on mail from her ass.

Now, we're relaxing...the esposo is playing Metal Gear Solid 3, Uma's on her bed and I'm heading to mine!

Nighty night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home