05 May 2007

Buenos Dias Spring




Spring has sprung in Clinton Hill. It's absolutely lovely...unless you have allergies (myah myah). The past few days have been great but a bit trying. I've spent a ton of time with our sweet puppy - but she still wants more. I can't blame her, spending most of your day in the confines of a semi-packed, dark apt. can't be fun.

Oh yes, we're moving. I cannot wait! We're heading to Do or Die, Bed-Stuy. When Biggie Smalls lived on our block (ancient history to some), he called this area Bed-Stuy. Well it isn't anymore Blanche, it's Clinton Hill and it's fabulous! Or so they say at Corcoran.

I've been walking a lot lately with the dog in tow.


We've gone to the park to see Barb. Her relationship with B$ is fantastic, they relax together on the grass in Ft. Greene Park (really a lovely place) and have some sort of connection that I rarely see.

It seems like we'll launch our website in the first week of June. I've been working with the developer and my financial/business guru to get everything done. Yesterday I finally found the time to head over to the Etsy Labs.

What's Etsy? If you purchased a Shoe-In Couture shoebag or visited our site you've already visited Etsy. It's almost like Ebay for the handmade crowd. Women and men from around the planet make goods to sell. You can buy pottery, artwork, jewelry, baby clothing and plenty more.

The last time I was at the Labs was for their grand opening party.


I wish I'd taken an "After" picture yesterday - they have rebuilt that space and it's full of sewing machines, silk screening stuff, computers, cameras....There's an Audio Visual space so you can edit or make music. While I was there, they were shooting an online workshop on how to make a stenciled tee shirt. Very cool!

Well, mi esposo just woke up, so we'd better start the day. Hello laundry, why hello packing and good morning post office.

PS The weather is going to be lovely today in Nueva York - a fabulous 73 degrees. Oh and tomorrow don't forget that it's going to be the Samba event at Sputnik. I'll do another post with the info.

Love + kisses,
Fela

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home